Like any self-respecting artist, I always have ideas percolating around.
Last November, I began to “see” a more ornate and detailed heart design, like taking Lola a step further.
Instead of rushing into it and wasting a whole bunch of wire, I just let the idea cook. I designed and sculpted lots of other pieces, like Memory’s Mirror, Estela, Melora, Mysticale, and Daughters Of Zeus.
Each one of those pieces brought me closer to my new heart design: figuring out how to three-dimensionalize the heart, and discovering just the right sculptured swirl pattern.
Towards the end of April, I finally felt ready to tackle the project. And here’s the results:
Entitled “Till We Meet Again”, these deeply 3-D hearts measure approximately 1 inch square to 1 1/8 inches square.
Bejeweled with citrine, garnet, or peridot (so far), and accented with tiny cultured pearls.
The Playlist: Here’s the first ten songs that my iPod played yesterday as I began work on the garnet and peridot hearts…
1. Psycho – Nick Curran and the Lowlifes
2. Telephone Line – Electric Light Orchestra
3. Liebestraum – c. Franz Liszt
4. Theme From Sonata In C – c. Mozart
5. Make It Easy On Yourself – Jerry Butler
6. I Can’t Wait Much Longer – Robin Trower
7. All Things Must Pass – George Harrison
8. Rednecks – Randy Newman
9. Turtle Blues – Janis Joplin
10. Sticks and Stones – Ray Charles
So now it’s your turn: do these hearts speak to you? Talk to me